Sunday, May 29, 2011

In the Spotlight: Linda Tardif


Name: Linda Tardif

Character: Petruchio

Why Acting? Why Shakespeare?
I just received a B.A in theater from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and am about to head out into this crazy world in hot pursuit of my dreams. I particularly enjoy Shakespeare because I enjoy the beauty of his language. The imagery and wordplay is so cool, but it is very challenging! It is very rewarding to work on.

In "Milosevic at The Hague"
How and why did you get involved with Hampshire Shakespeare& this production?
A few of my friends were auditioning, and I thought I would too. "Taming of The Shrew" is interested me for a lot of reasons. The dialogue is so fabulous and witty. It also reminds me a little of "Family Guy" because although I find myself laughing, I am constantly cringing. I was also really excited by the idea of outdoor Shakespeare. Verse and warm June nights? Sign me up!

What sound or noise do you love?
I love the sound of fans! I sleep with a fan on every night, even if it is below zero outside.

What sound or noise do you hate?
I hate the sound that Styrofoam makes when it rubs against other Styrofoam! Bleck.

In "Spring Awakening:
A Sin of Omission"
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A sushi chef. Then I could have sushi all the live long day!

What profession would you not like to do?
I could never be a doctor. The...site...of...blood....would....make me...... *faints*

What is your earliest memory of theater?
My parents took me to see "Cyrano De Bergerac" when I was very young. I remember the big nose, big words, sword fighting, and a hat with a plume. My father said I watched with my mouth open the whole time.

In "Recent Tragic Events"
Why is Theatre Necessary?
Theatre is necessary because it creates an escape for people who need it.

Has performing Shakespeare given you any interesting insights into Shakespeare?
He had quite a sense of humor! It is truly amazing how his work is centuries old and still seems so modern and fresh.

-------------------------------------------------


Linda Tardif
Linda Tardif (Tavern Hostess/Petruchio) just received her B.A in theater from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is thrilled to make her debut with the Hampshire Shakespeare Company! Favorite past roles: Jelena  ("Milosevic at the Hague") and Ilse ("Spring Awakening: A Sin of Omission") Thanks and love to Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment